A soft ball is commonly used in mat based Pilates classes as an exercise aid for many exercises. A soft ball can aid your workout by providing resistance or by providing support.
Used between the hands, knees or ankles a soft ball is often used to add resistance to a mat based Pilates exercise. The soft ball aids concentration and improves strength.
The soft ball can be used in various positions under the back for support during supine exercises and is often used to encourage further flexibility during stretching exercises.
We selected these soft balls because they are commercial quality, anti-burst, anti-slip and latex free.
Anti-burst means that if the ball is accidentally punctured it won’t collapse instantly but instead slowly deflate. This makes them safer to use with confidence.
The balls feature an anti-slip surface providing excellent grip during use.
Manufactured from a latex free material these soft balls are safe for everyone to use with out fear of an unexpected skin reaction.
Please be aware that these soft balls do have a mind of their own. Placed beside your mat they will often choose to roll away and join one of your classmates…
- Dimensions : 9 ” (230 mm) diameter
- Material : DINP PVC (Latex free)
- Colour : Red
- Safety : Factory tested burst resistance to 100kg
What is DINP PVC and is it safe?
- DINP has been subjected to a comprehensive risk assessment by the European Union to assess conformity with the Existing Substances Regulation. The European Chemicals Bureau Risk Assessment Report on DINP reached the conclusion that existing uses of DINP in PVC are not expected to pose a risk to human health or the environment.
- The European Union Regulation on Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) has registered DINP and it is not present on the REACH Candidate List. This allows DINP to be used in products destined for the European market without any additional authorisation.